Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today We Made it to Arlington, TX (Dallas)

Things I have learned today:  
1. Mississippi has the worst roads in the nation. 
2. If you hold your coke bottle just right you can blow across the hole and play the jug with old country tunes.
3. GPS's can be wrong.
4. Learning to speak Spanish while traveling is a good idea, or should I say "bueno." 
5. My CD of Ray Charles and John Lee Hooker was disappointing, but educational for $5.  
6. Ravi Zacharias, noted Christian apologeticists,  is muy, muy smarter than me. 
7. Hotels which cost $29.99 are priced that way for a reason.  
8. My dad can be really funny.  
9. If you see some young ladies having a party at Applebee's in Dallas, don't ask them if the girl with the vail is getting married.  They are rude. 
10. Thumper is a good road companion, he reminds me of my family, and he doesn't have to make frequent stops at the potty.  
11. Dallas has 3 great ranchero music stations.  
12. Opera in English is comprehended just as poorly as Latin opera.  And the music is equally as lame. 
13. Singer/Actor Ricky Nelson died in a plane crash when he was very young.  His last concert was played in Guntersville, AL. 
14. I have 1717 miles left to drive.  El Paso will be our next stop.  

4 comments:

Jared said...

Hey, I hope that the traveling is going well so far!

Tony Howard said...

Yo Fred,
Tony (Mr. Terri) Howard here. Terri said to take care of Thumper. He could be the real Easter Bunny. With regard to your comments on the great state of Mississippi, I would like to offer my own opinion. When God decides to give the United States an enema, he places it in Mississippi. Good luck.

Adam said...

Poor Mississippi. I moved to Alabama on purpose though. You're hysterical btw-- your mom said i should check out your trip. keep updating!

Iwuvlogan said...

hey fred!!
i love you soo much!!
everything is going go except i miss you sooo much!!! Im always thinking about you and the family. We all miss you and are keeping you in our prayers! I hope you have a wonderful time at your new church!!!
Love Always,
Chelsey